Are you looking for ways to cut down costs on energy bills, add additional privacy to your home, or enhance your home’s aesthetic appeal? Tinting your windows with reflective film can be the ideal solution! For all those who are wondering what’s reflective window film, keep reading to learn everything about it. By the end of this blog, you will know what reflective window film exactly is, why you should consider investing in it, and how long it lasts.
Reflective Window Film: Introduction
Also known as one-way mirror film, reflective window film is a type of tint applied on the windows to reflect light on the outside. In simple terms, it creates a mirror effect that prevents people outside from seeing through your windows. It allows you to observe the outside view while still sitting inside but blocks the inside view from out. Reflective window film can give you great levels of privacy at your home, office, and even car.
Is it worth investing in reflective window film?
Given a multitude of benefits to investing in reflective window film for homes and offices, let’s take a look at the most important ones.
Offers Increased Privacy: Window tinting can be a great solution if you are struggling to increase your home’s privacy. Installing reflective window film is the best way to add extra privacy to buildings or apartments having too many windows. Reflective window film incorporates reflective properties which block inside views from out while still penetrating some amount of natural light into the room.
- Reduces Energy Costs: Reflective window film can lower your energy bills by minimalizing the usage of HVAC systems. Areas that experience high temperatures during summers most likely end up paying huge money for running air conditioning systems constantly. Installing heat reflective window film blocks a considerable amount of sunlight from penetrating the room, allowing you to retain the costs of running AC for longer periods.
- Protects Against UV Rays: Installing heat reflective film on windows can keep you protected against harmful UV rays from the sun. Perhaps you must be well aware of the dangers posed by ultraviolet radiation. It can cause skin diseases, furniture fading, floor fading, etc. Reflective window films are known to block almost 99% of UV rays. Hence, investing in heat reflective window films can help you protect your skin from diseases like skin cancer as well as prevent furniture or floor fading.
- Enhances Aesthetic Appeal: Shiny reflective windows can enhance the visual appeal of any residential and commercial building. Not only that but even a car with reflective windows can turn heads while driving past busy localities. Reflective windows can give your home or office an ultra-modern look. It’s much better than using blinds or curtains that make a home space look gloomy and dark. Besides, window tinting is also an effective solution to keep away strangers or burglars from peeping into your home.
- Resistance to Shattering: Another mindful reason to invest in reflective film for homes or offices is its superb resistance to shattering. Window tinting is a great way to protect your home or office from getting shattered during storms. It acts like a protective shield against heavy storms and saves window glasses from potential cracking or shattering.
- Reduces Glare: You will be amazed to know that reflective window films are highly efficient in reducing glare from the sun. This greatly helps in increasing comfort at workplaces. It minimizes fatigue which leads to increased productivity in employees. Besides, it also makes driving more comfortable.
What is the difference between reflective and regular window films?
The biggest difference between reflective and regular window film is that a reflective film blocks light and reflects it outside while a regular tinted window blocks light but doesn’t reflect it outside. This means that regular tinted windows can give some levels of privacy to your home but can’t match the levels of the reflective ones. A reflective window film is always better than a regular film in terms of blocking UV rays or heat, reducing glare, preventing shattering or cracking, and lowering energy costs.
How long do reflective window films last?
The market is filled with multiple variations of reflective window films. While some can be availed of for temporary uses, others can be used for permanent solutions. Usually, a premium quality reflective window film lasts more than two decades. So, if invest in a top-end window film, you can expect it to last for as long as 20 years.
Now that you have read the entire blog, you know how reflective film can enhance your home’s aesthetics, increases privacy, and prevent heat or UV rays from entering your home. Investing in this inexpensive window tinting solution can help you save a lot of money in different areas of your budget!
Leave a Reply