Apple has made some changes or improvements to its Find My Service. It’s one of the prominent refinements is the capability to track your iPhone even if it is dead or switched off.
This blog will help you with everything need to know about Apple’s Find My service. If your phone is not dead then it will show the current location of your iPhone even if it’s offline. And if your iPhone is dead or powered off then it will show the last location of the phone before the battery is dead. So, now let’s start to know all the possible ways to find a lost iPhone.
Read more about: iPhone 11 price in UAE
3 Easy Methods on How to Find a Lost iPhone
Firstly, make sure that your Find My service on your iPhone is enabled. How to allow Find My service on your iPhone:
- Firstly, open the settings on your phone.
- Then click on the Apple ID menu.
- Select the Find My option.
- Then click on the Find my Phone option.
- Toggle on the options for Find My Phone, Find My Network (To locate even when the phone is offline), and Send Last Location (Automatically sends the location of the iPhone to Apple when the battery is critically down).
Once all this was done, you are all fixed to locate your iPhone if it disappears. There are three to four ways to find your lost iPhone.
Method 1: Find a lost iPhone using another Apple device:
Firstly you can find your phone using another Apple device. To find your iPhone using a different Apple device follow the steps given below:
- Open the Find My app on the device.
- Tap on the Devices tab.
- A map will be shown with a list of Find My enabled devices.
- Select your Phone from the list.
Method 2: Find your lost iPhone using iCloud:
If you are not able to find your iPhone then you can also find it on the map using iCloud. To find the location of your phone firstly sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password by any browser.
So, let’s know how to find out your lost iPhone using iCloud:
- Open any browser and go to icloud.com.
- Then, you have to sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password. 3. Click on allow to use of iCloud.com and complete two-factor authentication. 4. Then, click on the Find iPhone app icon.
- Select all the devices at the top and pick your lost iPhone.
- Within seconds, the location of your phone should appear on a map on the screen.
If you have an Xbox then you can learn how to connect Xbox 360 controller to iPhone.
Method 3: Find your iPhone using a friend’s iPhone:
If you have to find your device using someone else’s iPhone then you have to follow the steps given below:
- Open Find My app on someone else iPhone.
- Then, click on the Me tab.
- Scroll down and click on the Help a Friend option.
- You will be asked to log in to iCloud. Use your Apple ID and password to log in. 5. When asked to save your password, click on not now.
- To find yours, click on your device in the list that appears at bottom of your screen.
- The screen will display the area where your phone is located.
If you are not able to find your iPhone then you should mark it as lost. So let’s know how to mark an iPhone as lost.
Here, I have discussed all possible ways to find a lost iPhone. Because of the betterments in Apple devices, it became easy to find one’s lost iPhone. To find your iPhone you can use either the Find My app or can go to iCloud.com and sign in there to find the location of your lost iPhone. If you are not able to find your iPhone in all the possible ways then you can contact Apple support also. So, they can help you more. Hope you find it useful.